"The Big Picture"
The four words I'd use to describe my performance so far in this semester are "Energetic", "Supportive", "Healthy" and "Fit". I think I'm energetic because during PE I show that I am very jumpy during class and not sleepy. For example sometimes when I come to class people are too tired to talk meanwhile I am very hyper. I think I am supportive because when comes down to fitness days some people just feel like giving up and I encourage them to keep going. For example in the most recent fitness day my friend felt like giving up when it came to push-ups but I encouraged him to keep going and he did. I think of myself as healthy because I make healthy choices when it comes down to things like the amount of sleep I need and my choices of food. For example every day I get 8-10 hours of sleep which I find is enough for me. An example of a healthy food choice would be me eating fruits instead of candy or granola bar's instead of chips. Finally, I consider myself fit because I don't get tired very easily and because I am not overweight.
"Participation"
In PE I show participation in class by showing up on time usually. But there are obviously some occasions where I will show up late but for a majority of the time I show up on time. When I am in class I participate fully in class by trying to push to the limit. For example on fitness days if we're doing something like the pond run and I start getting tired I won't start walking I would start jogging. At the end of class I change out of my PE strip and in to something else. There has only been one time I have actually forgotten to bring another pair of clothes. For this category I would give myself a C+ and the work habits a S.
"Social Responsibility and Contribution to Class"
During class, I show leadership, I bring positive energy and I help with equipment. An example for showing leadership would be if I see someone during fitness days slowing down I encourage them to keep moving forward and pushing them to their limits. I also bring positive energy when I encourage another person to keep going. Another example for bringing positive energy would be while I do what I'm being instructed to do I don't complain about the exercise. I also help with bringing out and putting away equipment. For example when we split up the gyms in to 3 different activities I help bring out the soccer equipment and put it away. In this category I'd give myself a B and for the work habits a G.
"Healthy Living"
Throughout the past few months I have shown some noteworthy changes in my fitness. For example before I didn't really sweat much in class. But that was because I never really pushed myself. But now I push myself to the limit during fitness days and I have shown improvement by doing that. To prevent myself from injuries I try not to push myself too far so I occasionally take breaks. But I make sure they aren't for too long. For example during the hill run I tried not to sprint too much otherwise I'd start getting cramps. Lastly, I have shown improvement in my dietary choices. Before PE I used to not eat breakfast, eat chips for a snack and I didn't eat my meals during the right time. But now I eat breakfast, eat my meals on time and for a snack I eat a granola bar. For this category I'd give myself an A and for the work habits a G.
"Digital Portfolio and Reflective Skills"
In the past few months I haven't been posting anything on my PE blog. Mainly because I have forgotten about it. So I don't show any improvement. But I will however, start posting a lot more on my PE blog so my mark goes up and not down. For this category I would make the grade an F and for the work habits an N.
Amrit, continue to write, detailed, accurate and reflective posts with specific examples. Continue to make good choices when it comes to the food you eat. Next semester, work towards increasing your level of effort during fitness days. I think you are capable of working harder than you do. I have noticed that you bring a lot of positive energy to the class. I agree with your assessment and think a "B" and a "G" is an accurate reflection of your growth and learning.
ReplyDelete